2011 Paso Robles "James Berry Vineyard" Syrah

100% Syrah

pH: 3.64
T.A.: 6.0 g/L
Alcohol: 14.9%
Cases Produced: 199

Being further south, rain was much less of an issue for James Berry Vineyard compared to vineyards on the North Coast. But as it is most years, this was our last fruit of the vintage, coming in on November 3rd at 24.5 Brix. To pump up the mid-palate, we decided to destem only 70% of the fruit, leaving the remaining 30% as whole clusters. After an indigenous fermentation and 16 days on the skins, the wine was pressed to all French oak, 22% new. Bottled unfined and unfiltered.

Paso Robles "James Berry Vineyard" Syrah

Tasting Note:

Opaque black light purple. A deep, dark nose of blackberry, charcoal, incense, and flowers. Medium-full to full-bodied but surprisingly graceful and elegant. Plenty of blackberry and blueberry fruit to buffer the tannins. Reminds me a lot of the 2006 when it was released (which happens to be drinking fabulously now). Give this three to four years in the cellar and then enjoy the show until 2023. (MRO – 07/18/13)

Suggested Retail: $48 - Sold Out
Release Date: November 2013