2017 Sonoma Valley "Rossi Ranch" Grenache

100% Grenache

pH: 3.53
T.A.: 5.4 g/L
Alcohol: 15.1%
Cases Produced: 212

Picked on October 2nd, one week before the devasting fires, 13% whole-cluster Mourvèdre was included in the tank to provide extra yumminess.  Additionally, 17% of the Grenache was not destemmed, making the total whole-cluster component 30%, a bit higher than usual for us.  After 31 days on the skins, the wine was gently pressed to old, neutral French oak barrels.  Once malolactic completed the following spring, we found that the inclusion of another 3% Mourvèdre made for a more complete, harmonious wine.  Once again, a wine that demonstrates why Grenache is often referred to as “the Pinot Noir of the Southern Rhône.”  Bottled unfined and unfiltered.

Sonoma Valley "Rossi Ranch" Grenache

Tasting Note:

Shimmering medium ruby. A sensuous, perfumed nose of strawberry, rhubarb, and exotic Asian spices and woods. What a sniff! Medium-full bodied with an enveloping texture, flavors of kirsch and strawberry explode on the palate, giving way to a long and gently tannic finish. Quite simply, a joy to drink. Optimum pleasure should be from release through 2026. (MRO - 11/1/19)

Suggested Retail: $40
Release Date: November 2019